Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Family Visit and Dance Class


Dave's Mom and Stepdad Ted stopped by to visit on their way back from Florida. It was a short visit, but we loved seeing them during the time we had. The kids were so excited to see Gramme and Grampe and their dog, Ruckus.

Paige takes ballet and tap dancing classes back to back on Monday afternoons. During their visit, Paige had parent observation day at dance class, so Gramme and I had the pleasure of seeing Paige demonstrate some of her moves and practice for her recital while Grampe and Alex stayed home and watched a movie together.

I was really impressed with how well Paige did. She was actually very coordinated and graceful. I wasn't sure what to expect because Paige hasn't been fully engaged in the whole dance experience up to this point, and seemed to be getting bored with it. Fortunately, her interest has been revived since receiving her recital costumes. I also think seeing the dance routines coming together is really helping. She has already decided she doesn't want to continue with dance after the recital, (horseback riding is where her heart is leading her now) but at least she will have had this experience and I know she will make Mommy and Daddy very proud during her recital in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment