Unfortunately it wasn't all fun and games. I was really sick with a nasty, every symptom you can get virus for about a week, then Alex got a cold, now I think he has my nasty virus with a fever that doesn't want to leave. I guess I mistakenly thought that once Spring arrived, all illnesses would depart with Winter.
We had some sad news in February that Dave's Grandma Manley had passed away. She would have been 95 years old on February 15. Last week Dave drove up to NY and spent a week helping his Dad clean out his Grandmother's house in Oneonta, NY, which was not an easy task. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about what he would be bringing back with him, but some of things were quite nice and even fun. For instance, he found a huge box of his old legos that kids have been enjoying as well as some items of historical value, like his Great Grandfather's World War 1 helmet and a big, heavy, old brass antique cash register that his Grandpa Manley used in his store way back when. I have no idea what we will do with some of these things, but they are really neat pieces and I enjoy learning about Dave's family history.
Great to see that you are blogging and a good way to keep a running journal of what the kids are up to...sorry you've been sick! I understand and symphathize!
ReplyDelete