So I prepared myself each Monday for the possibility of an anti-tight demonstration. And every Monday, Paige delivered, which made me more determined to get her through this. Sure, it would have been easier to drop the class than to put up with the meltdowns, but it was the principle of it. You don't quit half-way through, especially after you made the decision to continue. It was a very long teachable moment. LOL!
I am so glad she stuck it out, and I think she is too. The recital was all it was supposed to be, and Dave and I were so proud of her. It took place at Louisburg College in a real auditorium. She got dressed in an actual dressing room with bright lights and mirrors. She got to wear makeup. She looked like a real dancer, wearing her hot pink and black costume with a pink tutu for ballet and pants for tap. She performed really well too. She said she was nervous to go out in front of all those people, but she never showed it on stage. Those who have known Paige throughout her life, know she has not been the most coordinated child, but dance class has helped her tremendously. She knew the moves and performed like a dancer, and had fun. She participated in the finale with all the other performers, and at the end we presented her with flowers, which really surprised her. She wouldn't let the flowers go. Alex was even good throughout the whole recital and gave her a big huge hug at the end.
The moment was bittersweet. I was glad I wouldn't have to drag Alex with us every Monday and deal with the tight drama anymore, but it was emotional for me to see my 7 year old daughter up there in front of all those people, knowing that this might be the only time she would ever perform like this. Wow, did she seem grown up at that moment. While she does enjoy dancing, this just isn't something she is passionate about. She doesn't want to continue with it. So Mommy is a little sad to see it come to an end. I love dancing and wished she would have enjoyed it enough to continue, but I am sure we will find something else she will enjoy even more, and Mommy will be just as proud of her. Sniff sniff!
I think we need to have a tight burning party to celebrate, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment